Re: Resizing problem

On 7/15/2010 1:02 PM, Olwe Melwasul wrote:
[...]
Actually, I don't need the startx version, I could very well use the
startxwin multi-windows version IF I could get Emacs in shell mode to
do cygwin bash. Starting the X server and then Emacs multi-windows
style gets a shell mode that apparently doesn't see cygwin. I'm
guessing it's using the DOS command.

I can't comment on the first part of your post, but I'm Cygwin's emacs maintainer and can try to help you get emacs running. If you want to run emacs under X, install the emacs-X11 package and then type 'emacs&' in an xterm window. If something doesn't work the way you expect, please give a precise recipe for reproducing the problem. I don't know what you mean by "a shell mode that apparently doesn't see cygwin".

Ken