Re: Slow response to keypresses in xorg-server-1.8.0-1

I have this problem too.  I found a weird, non-code partial solution:
run some sort of constantly-updating graphical program in the
background, like ico or something like that.  I think the problem is
that the X server or window manager goes to sleep and won't wake up
until you get its attention.  I also gave the X server real time
priority in windows, but it didn't really help.  With ico running in the
background, alt-tab works fine.  I didn't have it installed with cygwin,
so I xhosted it back from my linux box.

I hope this is a good enough clue for the X maintainers, I'd look for
differences in the code around scheduling and see if there were any
optimizations related to sleeping.

Thanks,

                Tony