Problems with display resize over RDP connections

At work, my display is at 1280x1024.  When I RDP from home, I have a
bigger screen so my work computer's desktop is resized to 1920x1200.  When
this happens, X applications cannot display anything below 1024 pixels;
below 1024 pixels nothing is displayed, and you can see the other
application windows underneath the current X window below 1024 pixels.

Is this a known issue?  It's a pain to restart X and my apps just to get
X to properly adjust its display size.

Thanks,

Raul Acevedo
http://www.cantara.com