Re: Multimedia keys interpreted as alphabetic keys

Thanks very much for getting back to me so soon.

That seems to have fixed the problem, and I will use this version until it's in the main build, thanks.

There are a couple of side effects:

1) XWin dies immediately after outputting a message on startup if I pass it both -multiwindow and -logverbose - either in combination with other parameters seems to be fine. I have included output into XWin.0.log in this instance below.

2) When I ssh to another machine and start the Kate text editor, the fonts of the menus and the file being edited are larger than usual (ie. larger than when I use it with my old version of XWin). I restarted the old XWin and did the same and they were back to normal size. I'm not sure where to look for useful logging information on this.

----------------XWin.0.log starting with with %RUN% XWin.20100418-git-9594fb420a063608.exe -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error -xkblayout gb -logverbose-------------------

Welcome to the XWin X Server
Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 1.8.0.0 (10800000)
Snapshot: 20100418-git-9594fb420a063608

Contact: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
XWin was started with the following command line:

/usr/bin/XWin.20100418-git-9594fb420a063608 -multiwindow
 -clipboard -silent-dup-error -xkblayout gb -logverbose

ddxProcessArgument - Initializing default screens
winInitializeDefaultScreens - primary monitor w 2560 h 1024
winInitializeDefaultScreens - native DPI x 96 y 96
winInitializeDefaultScreens - Returning
use: X [:<display>] [option]

[displays usage info]