Re: Problem running Xwin.exe in Windows 7

On 3/2/2010 12:19 AM, Babak Fallah wrote:
Dear Madam/Sir,

I upgraded my OS from Windows XP to Windows 7 and installed the
Cygwin/X but have problem running Xwin.exe in the new OS. Since it was
running well in XP I changed the compatibility to Windows XP but it
didn't help (my computer does not have Hardware-Assisted
Virtualization so I can not run virtual machine on my PC).

BZZT! Oh, I'm sorry. That was the wrong answer. :-)

I was
wondering if there is any way to fix the problem and run the Xwin.exe
in Windows 7.

The error window says:
A fatal error has happened and Cygwin/X will now exit.
Please open /var/log/XWin.0.log for more information.

Vendor: The Cygwin/X project.
Release 1.7.5.0 (10705000)
contact: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Build date: 2010-02-25

X-Win was started with the following command line:
(null)

Please read and follow the problem reporting guidelines found here:

Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html

Also take a look at the FAQ for Cygwin-X and the recent archives. Many of the common problems have been hashed out there already and some good information is available to help you solve problems like this. If you're still not finding any joy, then make sure to provide a full problem report to the Cygwin-X list so that we know what you did and how your machine is configured. Remember, any files that you send should be *attached* and not appended to any follow-up email.

Holliston, MA 01746