Re: Can't use Alt- Commands in xterm

Instead of the Alt key, you have to use the Alt Gr key, then you'll get all symbols you need in the xterm.

Sent from my iPod.

On Feb 18, 2010, at 4:25, Thomas Dickey <dickey@his.com> wrote:

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010, Craig Moore wrote:

Hi,

I cannot execute commands using the Alt key. For example, whenever I
press, Alt -. I get a zero instead of the previous command. This is
also a problem whenever I run emacs inside xterm. Alt-w produces a Ã
(division symbol) instead of executing a copy region command. Also
Alt-x doesn't give the extended command mini-buffer, but instead
produces a à (strike through o).

I do not expreience this problem whenever I run the Cygwin Bash Shell,
which I suppose makes sense.

I have read TFM, and it says I need to include the following information:

In man xterm, see "eightBitInput" and "metaSendsEscape".

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net