Problems Starting Xterm using the System Tray Icon for XWin Server

Hi,

When I open a new xterm window using the XWin Server icon in the system tray:

> (right click on icon)->Applications->xterm

it opens xterm, but the command prompt is not formatted correctly and
the window title is 'xterm' instaed of the current directory.

The command prompt looks like:

> bash-3.2$

and should be

> craig@laptop ~
> $

How do I configure the XWin Server so that it opens xterm correctly?

Also, is there a way I can add a shortcut on my desktop to open a new
terminal window without having to type 'xterm' in the existing
terminal window or the system tray icon?

Thanks,
Craig