screen pixel density VS startxwin.exe

Dear all,

For many years now, I used to set my screen pixel density to 90 pixels per inch, instead of the default 75 ppi, in the "startxwin.bat" file. My "startxwin.bat" used to be executed, then, at windows startup, to get a full functional Cygwin-X environment (at 90 ppi, by the way). Here is the commandline I did put in my "startxwin.bat" file:

        [...]
        run XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -dpi 90
        [...]
                                        ^^^^^^^^

Then, I recently upgraded my Cygwin-X installation from 1.5.x to 1.7.x, and now the "startxwin.bat" script disappeared, "replaced" by the "startxwin.exe" binary. That did not trouble me much. Nevertheless, I'm not able to set my screen pixel density anymore, or at least, I did not found the way (config file, commandline argument, ...) to set it again.

I tried, as target of "XWin Server" shortcut: `run C:\cygwin\bin\run.exe /usr/bin/bash.exe -l -c /usr/bin/startxwin.exe -- -dpi 90'
In order "to specify particular server options, append a double dash (ââ) to the startxwin command line (after any client and arguments) followed by the desired server options.", as it is said in the `man 1 startxwin'. Nevertheless, my option seems not to reach the server arguments, because, the screen pixel density of my Cygwin-X session remains stuck to 75ppi (as `xdpyinfo' reports).

I also heard about a file called "~/.xserverrc" to alter the way the Xserver is launched. But I did not found anything detailed about its content and how it shall be addressed.

Finally, I also tried, through xrandr-1.3, to set the physical size of the screen (using "--fbmm widthxheight") or the screen pixel density (using "--dpi dpi"). I was able to get a 90ppi screen pixel density *one time*, but was unable to reiterate. Then I'm wondering if I did not misread any output, thinking the screen pixel density changed, while it was not altered at all.

Therefore, can anyone please give me a hint, on how to set again, my screen pixel density?

Thanks a lot, to you all.

Regards,

--
Alexandre Beaugy