XDMCP connects successfully but "freezes" shortly thereafter - Was: What is replacement for the "-kb" Xwin startup parameter

I thought I'd change the subject and describe the problem in a little better detail
and perhaps get a response...

Additional info:

-  On one PC, I have XWin release 1.5.3.0 (20090222) installed and working
-  That release uses the following command line:
        XWin -query my_AIX_SERVER_NAME  -ac -clipboard -kb -fp FOLLOWED-BY-A-FONT-PATH-TO-A-FONTSERVER
- On another PC, I have XWin Release 1.7.3.0 (10703000) installed
- That release will NOT allow me to use the "-kb" argument, so I have eliminated the "-kb"
  Here is the behavior I get with 1.7.3.0:

	- Window opens up... the CDE "logon" window from the AIX_SERVER comes up
	- I can successfully "logon" to the CDE "logon" window
	- On the CDE Desktop (on my AIX 5.3 system), I can "right-click" to get up the "root menu",
	  and select an option that opens up an SSH aixterm window (an AIX version of xterm)
	- I can successfully sign-on to that aixterm window
	- I can successfully run commands on that window
	- BUT as soon as I click on anything other that the aixterm window everything "freezes"...
	- I have to "exit" by clicking the "x" in the upper right corner of the root window
	  or right click on the X entry in the task-bar and select "close"
	- The XWin.0.log gives no clues to the problem
	- The CDE "startlog" only contains this:
		Mon Jan 11 11:13:19 2010
		dtsession: Screen lock when the screen saver is turned on is not available on this server.
		Your screen will not be locked when the screen saver is turned on.

		Mon Jan 11 11:15:51 2010
		dtsession: Connection to server lost - exiting.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, since I can no longer use XWin...
...and am forced to use "putty"...

Thanks,
-tony