Re: extensions (shared mem, security)

On 15/12/2009 19:00, Linda Walsh wrote:
looking at the startup log, I don't see the X-Security extension being
initialized. Is it not supported?

Also discussed in the Cyginw/X FAQ at [1]

Also, perhaps more important for me is the message:

2009-12-15 10:39:27 XFree86-Bigfont extension local-client optimization
disabled
due to lack of shared memory support in the kernel

NT supports shared memory objects and I thought cygwin uses shared
memory for cross-process communication. So what's this about X not
knowing about the shared memory support?

I don't know how this can be made clearer than [2]

[1] http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html#AEN569
[2] http://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using-shared-memory.html

--
Jon TURNEY