RE: XWin freezes on xkbcomp

I only say that this is a "big" problem because it cripples my ability
to run cygwin/X.  I guess I'm surprised no one else has reported this,
because I haven't done anything unusual (that I know of).

Yes, my *working* installation is a bit older.

I use the dvorak layout (not trying to be secretive).

Setxkbmap was not installed (missing dependency in setup?).  So, I
installed it, but the problem persisted.

After starting XWin and killing the hung process, I am able to run the
command you suggested, but it just causes another hung XWin process to
be created.

If I run an X client (xfontsel, rxvt, etc), THEN run the setxkbmap
command, it works!  But as soon as I kill the last X client window, X is
frozen again with that hung process.

If I wait, X does eventually come back, but it seems to take about 5
minutes.

-Tye

XWin