Mouse chording question

Hello. I would like to migrate from eXceed to Cygwin for the performance improvement, but there is a feature I currently have that I have not figured out in Cygwin yet. I want MB1+MB3 to generate paste (as in MB2).

Bear with me. I have a Logitech 3-button mouse on Windows XP and the Logitech Windows software that maps MB2 to double click - this happens for XP windows and X windows alike. So in order to paste with the mouse in the X windows, I tell eXceed to map the MB1+MB3 chord to MB2. This works; I can paste with that chord.

But I have not been able to do this with Cygwin yet. I tried -emulate3buttons with and without a timeout argument, and it has no effect (tried all combinations of mouse buttons). If I turn off the Logitech MB2 mapping to double click, then MB2 pastes, but that won't do.

This may seem like a small thing, but my fingers are used to these patterns and I use them many hundreds of times a day. Shift+Insert does paste in Cygwin, but I don't want to use keyboard only for paste - in a pinch I might be relearn to do with Shift+MB1 or Ctrl+MB3 for paste, say.

Should I be looking more closely at xmodmap? Any suggestions?