XWin wrong fonts after update

Hallo,

I've been using since ages cygwin and XWin (XWin :0 -clipboard
-multiwindow) on a Win XP Prof 32bit and I had no problems at all. Last
update of cygwin I did was some month ago (I do not know exactly when).
Yesterday afternoon I did again an update (like I always did without
looking at he home page of cygwin) and I have realized that the X.org was
updated.
The problem is since then a graphical application which is ssh tunneled
from a remote linux machine, which was working until the update, now is
showing up with horrible (almost not readable) text fonts (Is there a way
to attach a screenshot?).

I have tried to do a new installation of cygwin on another machine. On the
fresh installed machine the same application exports fine with the correct
fonts.

This means that the update is the problem.

So how to get it work now?

Thanks.