keypad assignments

Hello,
I've managed to re-activate my Cygwin/XFree (there had been this
disabled keyboard problem with a non-cygwin XKEYSYMDB variable setting
since some recent release...).
So I discovered that, assumedly with that recent major revision,
a keyboard handling deficiency has been introduced:

The keys of the right keypad (aka "numeric keypad") do no longer
emit the keysyms KP_Home, KP_Up etc as they used to do but just
plainly Home, Up etc which are also the keysyms of the small keypad
(aka "editing keypad"). This makes them indistinguishable for any
application - even worse, this cannot be fixed by configuration since
they even send the same keycodes!

These are different keys - considering them as aliases is a waste of
physical resources - and they must be distinguishable for an application.
That means, they must have different keycodes and they should also have
different keysyms by default - that's what the KP_ keysyms are designed for.

Thanks and kind regards,
Thomas