(xcb-related?) crash of the xserver when quiting matlab after running the matlab benchmark (fwd)

This time with attachments. Sorry about that :-(

Klaas

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:52:30 +0100 (CET)
From: Klaas Gadeyne <klaas.gadeyne@fmtc.be>
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: (xcb-related?) crash of the xserver when quiting matlab after running
    the matlab benchmark

Hi,

We were/are using Cygwin/X (xdmcp) to talk to a debian server running matlab. We had a (nicely and stable) working setup using xorg 6.8.2 from cygwin and connecting to the gdm of debian etch.

Recently, we upgraded the debian server to lenny (and opened Pandora's box it seems :)
As a consequence of the upgrade, the graphic rendering of matlab became terribly slow and we had crashes all over the place. In finding the cause of this, we (a.o.) upgraded cygwin/x to the latest release. It seems like we've finally identified one of the problems, being the fact that lenny's libx11 is linked with libxcb, which is causing the speed problems [1].

After fixing this, two problems remain:
- [minor] it seems like the -clipboard option is not working anymore (I noticed a note about "improving clipboard integration" on the todo list at x.cygwin.com)
- When running the matlab benchmark and quitting matlab afterwards, the Xserver crashes. Log and (corrupted?) backtrace attached.

Both problems do not occur using the latest version of the XMing server.
Unfortunately, I'm unable to find a 6.8 version of the xorg xserver on the cygwin mirrors, so I can't verify if the crash also occurs with xorg 6.8. I also didn't find a -dbg version of the xserver package.

Any ideas on how to debug this further, especially the crash (could it also be xcb related?)?

TIA,

Klaas Gadeyne