RE: Reproducing the cygwin X problems

	I can neither confirm nor deny this, as I don't have ClipBook available.

> But the minute I highlight some text in a
> cygwin X application, the insane behavior within clipbrd resumes. The
> only way to make things normal again (that I'm aware of) is to kill
> cygwin/X (which, in this situation, mandates killing all cygwin
> applications through the task-manager, otherwise they refuse to die
> and just hang).

	I just kill Xwin.exe forcibly in task manager - it takes all X apps with it.  However, the better trick I discovered recently is to click on VNC's taskbar icon and close it.  Once it closes, the X applications recover and can cut-n-pste with Windows apps.  Also, because VNC is VNC, no setup is lost there either - I can reconnect and my console is unharmed.  I suspect the problem here may be contention between the two applications that want to share the clipboard.  Our other report implicated Office clipboard, which may be doing the same thing..?

	HTH,

Mike