From: cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com
[mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf Of n05q4nn
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 11:43 AM
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: RE: Intermittent X clipboard failure

I don't know if there is permanent fix for this but this is my
workaround.

I faced similar issue after I upgraded my X server recently. Copy/paste
between X and windows apps works fine as long as no MS Office 2003 apps
are open. If Office apps are open, they hang immediately if I copy
anything from X, e.g. xterm. Killing the hung Office apps usually
restore my copy/paste function.

My workaround: disable the Office clipboard. This forces Office apps to
use the Windows clipboard but the apps don't hang when I copy/paste from
X.

To disable the Office clipboard:
   * On the Office Clipboard task pane, click Options.
   * Clear the Show Office Clipboard Automatically check box.
   * Clear the Show Office Clipboard When Ctrl+C Pressed Twice check
box.
   * Clear the Collect Without Showing Office Clipboard check box.

YMMV

Williams, Chris (Marlboro) wrote:
> Hi,
> This clipboard failure happened again. This time I notice I could
still
> copy from X apps to the Windows clipboard buffer. Also this time I
> copied some log information about the shutdown:
>
> ---- Start log clip ----
> winDeinitMultiWindowWM - Noting shutdown in progress
> winClipboardProc - winClipboardFlushWindowsMessageQueue trapped
WM_QUIT
> message,
>  exiting main loop.
> winClipboardProc - XDestroyWindow succeeded.
>
> winClipboardIOErrorHandler!
>
> ---- End log clip ----
>
> Anyone have any specific hints about hunting down this clipboard
> problem?
> Possibly apropos, anyone have any issues running the "Office
Clipboard"