Re: Saving all xterm output to a file

Okay, I'm digging a little deeper, and I think that I have noticed some
things that might be helpful and I've created some files that might shed
some light.

The files below are output from what I'm running through xterm. Auto
indicates simulations in which the output was automatically teed to a file
as well as the file, while manual indicates that I ran the simulation
without having it output to a file and cut-and-paste the output to the text
file. Good indicates that the simulation ran the way that I wanted it to,
and bad indicates that there was an unrelated error that caused the
simulation to fail. The file labeled with BadOut ran the way that I wanted,
but this problem that I'm trying to fix came up where the output didn't go
to the file.

http://www.quickfilepost.com/download.do?get=2aeda11324087e4b50df06b338aa32fa
Output_Auto_Bad.txt
http://www.quickfilepost.com/download.do?get=51d9196b285962f05ab40ce620d1a75c
Output_Auto_Good.txt
http://www.quickfilepost.com/download.do?get=6922453eb0a8cbf34d0188ebd8d9c3bc
Output_Auto_Good_BadOut.txt
http://www.quickfilepost.com/download.do?get=cf14ab8cd7f2767f2ea4cfbb49c8544b
Output_Manual_Bad.txt
http://www.quickfilepost.com/download.do?get=dae384fed148e62ada7d5c02661b68b1
Output_Manual_Good.txt

The most useful thing is to look at the first lines of each down to where it
says "Adm>." I noticed that the output from this first part is consistent no
matter if the output I need shows up or not - the same initialization stuff
shows up. The funny thing is that that initialization stuff is unique to the
different processes that are starting. Now, the program that outputs "Adm>"
is the same program that should be creating all the output that I want to
save, so I'm not sure that this theory holds water, but I wanted to throw it
out there.