Re: Problems with X surfaced recently

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

(thank you for your responses...)
Cygwin-X questions go to the cygwin-xfree list.
---
I thought the lists were being merged because there was next to zero
traffic on the X-cygwin list? Did that plan fall by the wayside? Besides, I
wasn't sure if there was some negative interaction being caused by the setup
problems.

Did you miss this FAQ?

<http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html#q-i-cant-type-anything>
----
   Well, I didn't get the "Change Notification", if that's what you mean...:-)
I have read the FAQ's, but I don't re-read them with each release.  I'm
pretty certain, I wouldn't notice a few new paragraphs difference in a
90k document...

I normally don't use the start-menu as it suggests, as I don't use the
same XWin start args nor start an xterm when starting X.

Or this one?

<http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html#q-where-are-my-fonts>
---
I think I'll go look more closely at the FAQ. :-)
The keyboard is functioning, now, on another remote app (make xconfig
-- which is what started this 'detour'). However, an Xterm running on a
remote (linux) system fails when trying to display to my "cygwin-OS" system
with a similar font problem, so I reckon some font paths have changed or moved.
Sigh.
Thanks for following the problem reporting protocol concerning cygcheck
output. :-)
---
   I try to  improve...just a bit slow sometimes or not sure when a
specific rule applies.  I'm overly concerned (paranoid?) with dumping a large
quantity of script-produced data, since I don't know if there is something in
the dump that might create a security leak and I know the email list is archived
and publicly searchable forever.  ;^/