RE: rgb.txt not honored in X7?

	From where?  I believe this should be ~/.Xdefaults, but the nature of cygwin can make ~ an indefinite place for startup files.  I set %HOME%, which becomes $HOME to what will be ~, but if I put "XTerm*toolbar: false" in $HOME/.Xdefaults I still have toolbars on my xterms.

> .Xresources is xrdb -merge'd by /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc (i.e.
> if you use startx)

	Yes, or in my case by ~/.xinitrc, which I copied from /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc and modified to taste.  But on a recent update startx opened a root window instead of using the Windows windows - because I rely so heavily on that, I switched to startxwin.bat, which is why I now have problems with trhbe value of ~, as well as issues with cut anbd paste (which only seem to manifest when I have a Windows VNC client running..?).  If you can tell me what I need to do to restore the old behavior of startx, I'll do that and I think my problems should go away (at least the ~ related ones...).

	Thanks,

Mike