Re: Unable to load any usable iso8859 font

Dan Moulding wrote:

> I typically update my Cygwin installations about once a month, and
> rarely run into any difficulties. However, this morning after updating
> I could no longer start any X applications due to some apparent font
> problems. Please note that I successfully installed the *new* Cygwin/X
> a couple of months ago, and previously resolved some of the seemingly
> more common font problems (like "boxes" showing up in emacs).
>
> This time, I was getting "Unable to load any usable iso8859 font"
> errors anytime I'd try to start xterm.

I had the exact same problem, and a couple of others including missing "adobe" fonts.
Here are the packages I installed, to get over font related issues. I may have installed a few extra ones.

font-adobe-dpi100 - To fix the "adobe" font issues
font-adobe-dpi75  - To fix the "adobe" font issues
font-bitstream-dpi100 - Just in case
font-bitstream-dpi75 - Just in case
font-bitstream-type1 - Just in case
font-bitstream-vera-ttf - Just in case
font-misc-misc - I think I read something somewhere on the internet which led me to install this. Don't remember.
xorg-scripts - I had trouble with xinit - (specifically the X Win Server shortcut not working from D drive which I've mentioned in another post)

I don't think I installed anything else other than the default upgrade options.

If someone can tell me how to retrieve a list of all installed packages on my system, I can send that over too.

Rajesh