Re: XWin with "rootless" option crashes on Vista

Hello Yaakov,

Response below.

<snip>

> In short, running startxwin.bat with XWin-multiwindow starts the X Server
> and I am able to launch newer xterms. If I remove the multiwindow option
> altogether or change it with rootless (ideal for me since I want to run a
> different window manager) or fullscreen, XWin crashes.

<snip>
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.bloda

Please try completely uninstalling the Logitech software, make sure
you're running the current versions of Cygwin and X11, and try again.
If that does not help:

http://cygwin.com/problems.html

In addition to *attaching* the output of "cygcheck -s -r -v", please
also attach the /var/log/XWin.0.log from the failed attempt.

Yaakov
Cygwin/X

Rincewind>>>

Thanks for taking a look into my message. I have uploaded the relevant files
(cygcheck and xwin.0.log). I am able to see some differences between the
Xwin.log entries of successful (multiwindow) version and the failed
(rootless) version. But perhaps they are directly related to the multiwindow
and rootless options themselves.

Is there a way I could obtain a stack trace of the crashing process on vista
??

Thanks,
Rincewind

http://www.nabble.com/file/p21675908/XWin.0.log XWin.0.log