Re: Small update for X server 1.5.3 patch set

Hi,

Yaakov wrote:
>But wouldn't that have the (IMO undesirable) side effect of fonts
>installed when the server was running from being picked up upon reset?

Yes, you would loose any font paths set by 'xset +fp' or 'xset fp+'.
(I can't thing of any other ways to add fonts to a running server?).
However getting rid of the original server regeneration crash outweighs that
IMHO.
A better fix would be welcome, but I haven't spotted one.

Try server regeneration with XWin (XDMCP is a good way to cycle the server)
and see what happens.
I've now fixed another problems with it in Xming (i.e. an atom caching error
causing loss of clipboard,
among other things).

Thanks
Colin