Re: Keyboard map screwed up after launching xemacs

Andreas Eibach wrote:
Hi,

when I have X running and start off (latest) xemacs & from the command
line, my German keyboard is non-existing. WTF?
Even the important tilde character can't be typed anymore.

Not only until I quit xemacs, my keymap in xterm works again as
expected.

Are you saying the the keymap for all X windows is changed while xemacs is running? Or does it only affect the Xemacs window?

Forgive my ignorance about german keyboard usage, but is the tilde character used in some kind of composition sequence which isn't working anymore? Or do you just want to type lots of tildes?