Re: X server 1.5.3-4 candidate

Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
I tried to work around this by removing the files with duplicate symbols
(glpapi.c and glthread.c) from the GLX code and linking XWin with libGL
as well, which seems to work as far as running glgears goes...

No regression with my Ubumtu 8.10 VM.

(I still need to check that these files are actually functionally
identical between xserver/GLX and mesa/glapi)

I checked, and they are practically identical.

Thanks.

Attached is a rough patch

I modified the build system part of that patch, and added it and the NumLock/CapsLock sync patch to SVN. Could you please test 1.5.3-4?

Ah, yes, much better way of fixing the makefile, thank you.

Tested this with a few more remote GLX demo programs and clients, seems to work ok.