Upgrade broke Openbox

The upgrade yesterday did bad things to Openbox.  See this screenshot for reference:
http://w3.gwis.com/~slomojoe/images/openboxscreenshot.jpg
The pager (the black rectangle at the bottom of the image) and the window decorations are black though the theme is configured to display light blue (see the lower corners of the xterm).  The widgets (maximize/minimize buttons on the window, the pager switch window and switch workspace buttons) are garbled beyond recognition.  The menu is displayed as a solid black rectangle.  Submenus are broken as well.  The menu still works.  If I click in the right spot, it spawns a new xterm.
I tried deleting my Cygwin directory and installing from scratch, but the problem persists.
WindowMaker appears to work fine, so that's what I'm using for now.  Any advice for getting openbox back?
TIA,
Joe