Re: nedit gives X-error of failed request - also issues with (x)emacs

Hello again,

Thanks for your quick reply and suggestions. The nedit suggestion does
the trick. I notice that the fonts are a bit messed up, as the text
appears very big (much larger than the original setting).

The keyboard issue is not sorted out (and it does not work with nedit
either). Cannot find this XKEY..., neither in the window environment
nor using cygcheck -c -s -r

A bit strange. Is it an option to go back to the previous X11
installation, if possible ?

With best regards / Vennlig hilsen
Maarten