To: <cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2008 9:47 AM
Subject: clipboard issue

I'm trying to get copy and paste working between X applications and
Windows.  I'm running Cygwin 1.5.23(0.156/4/2) on Windows XP
Professional.  When I run startxwin.sh, the last lines are

 winProcSetSelectionOwner - Clipboard not yet started, aborting
 winProcSetSelectionOwner - Clipboard not yet started, aborting

If I comment out the line that launches an xterm, these messages go
away.  In any event, I can't figure out how to cut and paste between X
and windows applications.  I've searched the docs, but don't see
anything about what style of cut and paste I should expect.  That is,
is it like X by using the mouse buttons or some other key sequence?

Thanks.

--
Brandon