Re: Problem with X (disappears) and Sun Directory Server Console

Didn't think so either, but it was a thought... I spent many hours trying to figure it out, and that was what fixed it. Sorry.

----- Original Message ----- From: "ohaya" <ohaya@cox.net>
To: <cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com>
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2008 1:51 AM
Subject: Re: Problem with X (disappears) and Sun Directory Server Console

Jose,

It doesn't seem that that would be the problem in our case, since, as I mentioned in original message, if I use Hummingbird Exceed as my X server (with logging into the server with Sun DS as the same Linux account), it works perfectly.

That Xwin.log that I included in my msg seems to indicate that it's having a problem with starting the Clipboard. Would that cause this problem, and if so, how to fix it?

Jim

jose isaias cabrera wrote:

Sorry about that. I created the account at linux server which I wanted to connect to.

----- Original Message ----- From: "ohaya" <ohaya@cox.net> To: <cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com> Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2008 7:29 PM Subject: Re: Problem with X (disappears) and Sun Directory Server Console

Jose,

When you say "create a new account", which account did you mean?

FYI, both myself and two other colleagues tried this, each with our own Windows accounts and accounts on the Linux machine where Sun DS is on, and all 3 of us (so far) have had this problem.

Jim

jose isaias cabrera wrote:

I don't know if it is the same or not, but I had a similar problem with a Gentoo server. I tried everything, but once I recreated the account, I was able to connect. Try creating a new account and give it a try. Just a thought...

thanks,

jic

"ohaya" wrote,

Hi,

I'm new here, but I'm trying to use Cygwin X to access the administration console for Sun Directory Server 6.1. I run startxwin.bat, get the xterm window, run "xhost +" and then SSH to the server, export DISPLAY, and start the console using a command called "startconsole". This causes the console GUI to appear but when I type in my username/password, everything, including the original xterm window disappears.

I've tried access the admin console using Hummingbird Exceed, and that seems to work fine. This problem only occurs when I use Cygwin X.

The XWin.log file has the following in it after this happens:

_XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root _XSERVTransmkdir: Mode of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to 1777 (II) XF86Config is not supported (II) See http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html for more information winAdjustVideoModeShadowGDI - Using Windows display depth of 16 bits per pixel winAllocateFBShadowGDI - Creating DIB with width: 1024 height: 768 depth: 16 winInitVisualsShadowGDI - Masks 0000f800 000007e0 0000001f BPRGB 6 d 16 bpp 16 null screen fn ReparentWindow null screen fn RestackWindow InitQueue - Calling pthread_mutex_init InitQueue - pthread_mutex_init returned InitQueue - Calling pthread_cond_init InitQueue - pthread_cond_init returned winInitMultiWindowWM - Hello winMultiWindowXMsgProc - Hello winInitMultiWindowWM - Calling pthread_mutex_lock () winMultiWindowXMsgProc - Calling pthread_mutex_lock () MIT-SHM extension disabled due to lack of kernel support XFree86-Bigfont extension local-client optimization disabled due to lack of shared memory support in the kernel (--) Setting autorepeat to delay=500, rate=31 (--) winConfigKeyboard - Layout: "00000409" (00000409) (--) Using preset keyboard for "English (USA)" (409), type "4" (--) 3 mouse buttons found Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing from list! winInitMultiWindowWM - pthread_mutex_lock () returned. winProcEstablishConnection - Hello winInitClipboard () winProcEstablishConnection - winInitClipboard returned. winClipboardProc - Hello DetectUnicodeSupport - Windows NT/2000/XP winInitMultiWindowWM - pthread_mutex_unlock () returned. winMultiWindowXMsgProc - pthread_mutex_lock () returned. winClipboardProc - DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0 winInitMultiWindowWM - DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0 winMultiWindowXMsgProc - pthread_mutex_unlock () returned. winMultiWindowXMsgProc - DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0 winMultiWindowXMsgProc - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened the display. winInitMultiWindowWM - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened the display. winClipboardProc - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened the display. winProcSetSelectionOwner - Clipboard not yet started, aborting. winProcSetSelectionOwner - Clipboard not yet started, aborting. winMultiWindowXMsgProcErrorHandler - ERROR: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) winMultiWindowXMsgProcErrorHandler - ERROR: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) winMultiWindowXMsgProcErrorHandler - ERROR: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) winMultiWindowXMsgProcErrorHandler - ERROR: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) winMultiWindowXMsgProcErrorHandler - ERROR: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) winMultiWindowXMsgProcErrorHandler - ERROR: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) winMultiWindowXMsgProcErrorHandler - ERROR: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) winClipboardProc - winClipboardFlushWindowsMessageQueue trapped WM_QUIT message, exiting main loop. winClipboardProc - XDestroyWindow succeeded. winMultiWindowXMsgProcIOErrorHandler! winInitMultiWindowXMsgProc - Caught IO Error. Exiting. FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/" refcount is 2, should be 1; fixing. (II) XF86Config is not supported (II) See http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html for more information

Does anyone know what might be causing this problem, and also how to fix it?

Thanks,
Jim