Re: Fwd: ForwardX11 not working

Mirko Vukovic wrote:
Hi,

I have cygwin installed as a server on my desktop.  I can log into it
from my linux box using ssh, but I cannot open displays on the linux
box.

By that I mean that if I login in using ssh, and invoke a command that
should open a window (like gnuplot), it opens the plot on the server,
and not on the client.

Here is my setup (the cygwin distribution is a few days old).

On the desktop (server),

 - I have ran ssh-host-config and set CYGWIN=ntsec server.  I said yes
to privilege separation, and I have an sshd user in /etc/passwd
 - I have set DISPLAY=localhost:0.0 in .bash_profile
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Don't do this.

On my linux box (client), I have an ~/.ssh/config file with the lines
in the section refering to the server: "ForwardX11 yes" and
"ForwardX11Trusted yes"

I can login to the server from both the linux box and my laptop (where
I also have cygwin), and can run unison (which requires ssh).

I read the various doc's and searched mails (does not mean I
understood everything), which resulted in the above setup.  I am
including the output of cygcheck.

Any suggestions as to what I may have missed, or what server/client
setting I can look at?

See above.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 429-6305 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746