Re: Checking if the X Server is running

--- Gary Johnson <garyjohn@spk.agilent.com> ha
scritto:
> My guess is that you created that file with DOS line
> endings.  Try
> converting it to use Unix line endings,
>
>    cd /usr/X11R6/bin
>    d2u sd.sh
>
> then try executing it again.
>
> Also, I would recommend putting such scripts that
> you create
> yourself in /usr/local/bin rather than in a system
> directory such as
> /usr/X11R6/bin.  Doing so will make it easier to
> keep track of your
> scripts and will make it less likely that you will
> lose them when
> doing an update of Cygwin.
>
> Regards,
> Gary

Thank you Gary. I think that the DOS line endings were
the problem. Once I did the conversion ? this script
worked exactly as I wanted.
	Now I am working on trying to see if I can somehow
execute this script from a batch file i.e. by just
clicking on it. I am not having success in this area ?
so if you have ideas let me know.
	By the way thanks for pointing out that I need to put
this in /usr/local/bin . I would be doing that from
now on.
Regards,