RE: Checking if the X Server is running

--- Bengt-Arne Fjellner <bengt-arne.fjellner@ltu.se>
ha scritto:

> Just run setup click next until your in the
> categories window.
> Click view till you reach not installed.
> scroll down till you see checkX
> select it and then next.
>
> --
> tel 0920 49 1894
> Bengt-Arne Fjellner

Thanks Bengt-Arne for your quick reply. I think I got
this installed. I now put the following into a file
and am trying to execute it from the cygwin prompt. I
get the error

/usr/X11R6/bin/sd.sh: line 8: syntax error near
unexpected token `fi'
/usr/X11R6/bin/sd.sh: line 8: `   fi'

File ---------------------------
#!/bin/sh
if checkX
   then
   	xterm -e /usr/bin/bash -l
   else
     	XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error
	xterm -e /usr/bin/bash -l
   fi

I am sorry if this is a bit obvious ? but I am trying
to find a way to start applications using a windows
batch file.
O.O.