Checking if the X Server is running

Hi,

	Pardon my ignorance, and that I am never good in this
stuff.

	I have noticed that the startxwin.bat starts the X
Server using
%RUN% XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error

	Is there any way of checking if the X Server is
currently running? Because if you try this again, it
gives you ?A fatal error? ? which does not crash your
computer ? but is a bit annoying to me.

	I was thinking of making copies of this batch file
startxwin.bat to start various progrsms by clicking.
However when the second application starts up ? it
pops this dialog box. I was wondering if there is a
way to avoid this.

Thanks a lot,
O.O.