Re: Xdmcp too slow with SOME Linux accounts.

I got a little help from my network admin. We started watching the
traffic between my Windows desktop (XWin server) and the Linux box
(client).  What we see is interesting.  When I start XWIN and then
launch Eclipse, response is perfect.  If I move the mouse,  my system
sends a message to the Linux box.

When I see the performance problem, what I see is that if I move the
mouse, nothing is sent from my system to Linux.  The Linux box sends a
keep-alive or something to my system every 15 seconds.  When that
happens, it appears that a mouse message is sent to Linux.

To make matters a bit more interesting, the problem seems to occur
shortly after I do something that effects the application windows on
the XWin desktop.  For example, if I start XWin, then start Eclipse,
response remains good until I do almost anything to window.  If I
minimize Eclipse, I notice that shortly after that, my system stops
sending messages to the Linux box when I move the mouse.  Or, if I
create a terminal window, then close it, the same happens, ... shortly
later my system stops sending messages to the Linux box.

Once this occurs, the only resolution is to abort XWin via the windows
task manager (because it is not responding to mouse events) and
restart it.

All of this leads me to ask if maybe I have XWin installed incorrectly
or maybe have the wrong version.

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone who has used XWin for  more
than a few releases?