programs (e.g. xterms) not refreshing properly running on different virtual desktops

Hi,

I noticed when I run X and use multiple virtual desktops (using Nvidia
nview), xterms and other X applications are
not refreshing properly if they are located on different virtual
desktops. For example, if I start 2 xterms on desktop 1
and if these xterms overlap, then if I send one of them to desktop 2
and switch to desktop 2, the overlapping region
in the xterm on desktop 2 would be shown filled with contents from
xterm from desktop 1.
This can be fixed by minimizing and restoring xterm window, but it is
not an easy
solution if one has an X application with multiple windows, since all
of them have to be minimized and restored to force
refresh. I searched cygwin-xfree mailing list and this problem seems
to resemble closely the one mentioned in:
http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-xfree/2003-03/msg00138.html
as fixed, but it still does not seem to work.

I am running X as:
%RUN% XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error
the version of the X packages is:
6.8.99.901-1

I also tried it with -multiplemonitors option (even though I am
running virtual desktops
on a single monitor) but it did not help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Stas.