Cygwin X server 'reset' command

Hello,

	I am using the Xterm that ships with Cygwin.

	When I connect by ssh to a host running Linux, I can run the 'reset'
command on that host to clear my xterm and erase its backscroll history.

	However, when I am not logged onto a host and execute the 'reset'
command locally, it seems to have no effect.

	In a console-mode bash prompt (cygwin.bat), same behaviour, but I have
noticed executing the command 'cmd /c cls' works in this case but not in
the graphical xterm.

	Although it is not a big problem, I am curious; is there a way to clear
the backscroll buffer? The 'clear' command does clear the current screen
but not the entire history.

Thank you