Re: Windowmaker not open bash properly

Larry Hall (Cygwin X) wrote:
Scott Mohnkern wrote:

Larry Hall (Cygwin X) wrote:
Scott Mohnkern wrote:
Apologies, I was following the format of other questions I'd seen here.

Attached is cygcheck.out

The other server was Xvision, which was part of an automatic install of Cradle 5.5.x

You (no longer?) have Cygwin in your path. You're picking up the
Nutcracker/MKS tools now. Fix your path and give a quick run through of
the rest of your environment to clean up any issues. Two that caught my
eye are $HOME and $TERM are now incorrectly set. If you can find where
Nutcracker/MKS sets these and remove/avoid them, you'll have better luck
working with Cygwin.

That appears to have solved most of it. Removing the nutcracker entries and putting cygwin and cygwin bin in the path got me up and running. It doesn't appear to be pulling my profile up correctly when I open up bash (It's defaulting to a different $HOME but I can probably figure out where that is set)

It's probably in your system-level environment, which you can access from
the Windows control panel "System" applet.  Good luck.

That's definitely it I'm pretty sure it's an environment variable that got messed with. Cradle during install set $SHELL to "nutc" without telling me, and I'm 90% sure that's what caused Windowmaker to choke. Now I just need to figure out which of these other system variables need to go, and which ones I need to put back in.

Scott