xwin freezes with kde via xdmcp

Hello,

We are using XWin.exe to login via xdmcp to a debian linux (etch) server
with kde (3.3.5), gnome (2.14.3.6) and fvwm2 (2.5.18). I recently noticed
the same problem that is described here:

http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-xfree/2007-02/msg00060.html

When logging in with cygwin and using kde, xwin.exe freezes after I have
typed a key in konsole or any input field. A "top" on the console shows
nothing special, XWin.exe -logverbose 3 gives no hint. The behaviour is
strongly related to kde, since with gnome or fvwm everything is fine. The
reason why I post here is:

1) With another X Server ( XThinPro ), everything is fine
2) Dito with a very old version of cygwin: everything is fine.
3) kde on the machine itself (i.e. not over xdmcp) works fine.

So this seems to me more related to cygwin then to kde. It would be great
if you could tell me what I have messed up. I don't know which logfiles
could be of any help, so please tell me which information you would need.

I attach cygcheck output for the version that freezes (cygcheck-new.out)
and for the old version that is running fine (cygcheck-old.out).

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Markus Grunwald
Softwareentwicklung

PRÜFTECHNIK Condition Monitoring GmbH
Oskar-Messter-Straße 19-21
85737 Ismaning
www.pruftechnik.com
Tel: +49 (0)89 99616177
Fax: +49 (0)89 99616200

PRÜFTECHNIK Condition Monitoring GmbH
Sitz Ismaning / HRB 145655 München
Geschäftsführer: Johann Lösl, Roland Schühle

Ein Unternehmen der PRÜFTECHNIK-Gruppe