Logging xterm contents to a file.

Hi,

Really dumb question. but hope somebody replies to this one?

Is it possible to save the entire contents of a xterm window into a
file? (using anything other than "script")

e.g. for a putty window, we have an option of logging all the contents
of the putty window into a file
just by doing a right click and giving the file name and path in the
properties window.

Do we have a similar option for an xterm window in Cygwin?

Regards,
Mansoorali.