Re: Drag N Drop in Windows XP

I'm telnetting to this java app from a Windows XP machine with cygwin as
my xterm server. Everything works great except drag-n-drop. Everytime I
try to drag something from one panel to the other panel within the same
xwindows, the mouse icon changes to the little circle with a line across
like a stop sign to indicate it is not allowed.
If I try using Exceed as my xterm server, then everything works ok.

I don't understand your description. There is no such thing as an xterm server. Drag and Drog is governed by the window manager, so how did you start Xwin and your java application?

The closest thread that I found is http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-xfree/2004-06/msg00023.html. The problem is I'm using telnet, not ssh. I then gave it a try with ssh -Y, it also does not work for me. The fact that it's working for Exceed to tell me that there might some limitation with Cygwin X Server but I can't find anywhere indicates that drag-n-drop is not allowed???

Drag and Drog is governed by the window manager, so how did you start Xwin and your java application?

I use the standard startxwin.bat to start Cygwin X Server. I believe it is "%RUN% XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error" by default.
Then I telnet into my Linux box. From there, I launch my java app which is Swing-based. The java app is then open in a different window. The app is working perfect in all aspects except for Drag-N-Drop.