Re: Question about the license.

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Alan James Caruana wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering as to which license applies to the software I downloaded.

I got the source code I am using from Xorg.  More specifically, I
downloaded the xorg-server package from the release site of Xorg.  I
know that Cygwin and Cygwin/X are published under the GNU GPL.  I

oh. Which Cygwin/X source-file has a GPL on it? (Cygwin of course is GPL, but that's an comment of the source used).

also know that the X project, led by the X.org Foundation is published
under the MIT License. Does the XWin part of the source I downloaded
use the GPL license, or the MIT license ?

This is probably the wrong place to ask about licenses (google "Cygwin/X gpl" for grins.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net