Re: _X11TransOpen: unable to find transport for tcp

>>>    Hi,
>>>
>>> I am unable to start xterms, rxvts, emacs .... in
my
>>> cygwin/X install. I receive the message
>>>

>>> _X11TransOpen: unable to find transport for tcp
>>> xterm Xt error: Can't open display: localhost:0

>> Don't use localhost. Try
>> export DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
>> instead.

>this does not work either. The problem does not
appear
>to lie with the proper setting of the DISPLAY
>variable; I can launch things like xeyes. Rather it's
>with the X11TransOpen error that occurs when I try to
>run xterm or rxvt.

>Juergen

I have found similar problems due to incomplete
dependencies on some cygport package.

Check which library xterm needs

cygcheck xterm.exe

and if some cygport library in /usr/bin
mask the standard library in /usr/X11/bin

if so, one solution and one workaround:
- find the missing cygport additional program
  and install it
- rename the library in /usr/bin

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=31242928&forum_id=43555

Regards