Re: cygwin/x fails to run on WinXP when cygwin.bat executed instead a different software phpEdit runs

Can you try to execute the bat file manually?

Start menu -> Run
type 'cmd' <ENTER>

in the DOS shell enter:

cd Desktop
cygwin.bat

If it run OK, then there is still a problem with windows handling the BAT file
extensions in the gui. If it wouldn't start, there is a problem with the bat
file itself, try to run X/cygwin from the start menu group of Cygwin

Hope that helps.
Pavel

> I do not have the .bat extension file in the list either.

Pavel Krustev
Head of Management Systems Section, O&M Division
Globul

mobile: (+359 89) 8400 842
phone: (+359 2 ) 9428 842
   fax: (+359 2 ) 9428 802