Cygwin/X - Remote App Won't Start

Hello mailing list.  I'm new to Cygwin/X, and I'm trying to use it to run
Micros 8700 apps (on a SCO OpenServer 5 machine) from my Win2K PC.

I'm running an out-of-the box default install of Cygwin/X, except for adding
the -ac switch to the startxdmcp.bat file (thanks to Matt Flemming's web
site).  I can successfully run startxdmcp.bat and log in to the OpenServer
desktop.  All the built-in OpenServer apps seem to work, and all the Micros
8700 apps work except one (Configurator), which of course is the one I need.

When I attempt to start the app, the outline of the window begins to
display, but before the contents become visible it immediately disappears.
The XWin.log file looks exactly the same whether I run a working app or the
nonworking one, so that doesn't seem to give me any clues.  I tried Xming on
a WinXP PC and got the exact same results.  The app in question does work
just fine when I run it on the UNIX server, so that's not the problem.

I don't know where to go from here to troubleshoot - any suggestions would
be appreciated.  Thanks.

The information contained in this e-mail message is private and confidential
information intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it
is addressed.  If the reader of this e-mail message is not the intended
recipient you are notified any disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
copying or the taking of any action based upon the information contained in
this message is strictly prohibited.