Re: Vista RTM startxserver & startxwin fail?

On Dec  2 11:08, Michael J. Wheeler wrote:
> Sounds like the definition of a Bohr bug :)
>
> Looks like i'm using the 1.5.22-11 DLL. I didn't see an option in the setup
> to use a different version... How would I go about doing that?

Either try the latest developer snapshot or build a new version from
source.  I did the latter with additional debug output.  The problem
still doesn't show up anymore, regardless of the version I use.

You could also try stuff like rebasing to another base address, e.g.
rebaseall -b 0x65000000, rebase back to 0x70000000, reboot, revert to
the 1.5.22 DLL, whatever.  Apparently *something* healed it for me.
Maybe there's some self-healing feature within Vista...

Corinna

Red Hat