Re: Error

Betancourt, Benjamin wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone could help me with this error.  I have no idea what it means.
> _XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
> _XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running
>
> Fatal server error:
> Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't already running

It means literally what it says: you cannot start more than one X server at a
time (on the same ports).

You probably are running into another problem and when you don't see the xterm
or the application you were expecting to see you try to start it again... won't
work, the original problem is still there.  Wild guess: you have anti-virus or
"internet security" software that block the X server ports.
--
René Berber