stifling XWin.exe.stackdump

I write to share the solution to a problem I didn't know I had until
I tripped over it this morning. For various reasons, I have not
upgraded to the 6.8.99.901 versions of Xwindows. Each time I opened a
new xterm window with startxwin.bat after the XWin.exe server was
already running, I was generating a XWin.exe.stackdump file in the
"My Documents" folder. This event was responsible for 2+ seconds burst
of disk activity. By removing write access to the file (chmod -w),
writing to this file is stifled, eliminating the burst of activity.

An interesting aside: Before removing write access to the file, I
attempted to stifle the disk activity by redirecting it to the bit
bucket:

$ ln -sf /dev/null XWin.exe.stackdump

What resulted, however, is that the sym-link was converted to a
Windows shortcut and the file with the same name was created. So,
in both the Cygwin and the Windows worlds, I add two entries with
the exact same name.

Here's the before and after "ls" output:

Before:

$ ls -ld XWin.*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 knellis sweng 9 Sep 29 12:19 XWin.exe.stackdump -> /dev/null
$

After:

$ ls -ld XWin.*
-rwx------+ 1 knellis sweng 1249 Sep 29 12:21 XWin.exe.stackdump
-rwx------+ 1 knellis sweng 1249 Sep 29 12:21 XWin.exe.stackdump
$

For the curious, "cygcheck -svr" output is attached.

--Ken Nellis