100% core utilization on dual core x64

My desktop is a dual core Athlon running Windows XP Pro x64. On a pretty
regular basis, Xwin seems to go into some kind of a tight loop, taking up
100% utilization of one core. I don't always notice when it happens right
away so I'm not sure what is triggering it. I have seen it happen when
pasting from xemacs to windows-native firefox. I've also seen it happen to
xterm, though significantly less frequently. I'd say with X it happens every
day or two. I have to shut down X and restart it.

Never had this happen on a dual processor machine.