Re: TCP/IP Security Limits - WinXP and XWIN.exe

Mark Edwards wrote:

> On 8/16/06, René Berber wrote:
>[snip]
>> netstat -nb (and a lot of patience) or netstat -anb (which of course
>> will take a long time).

> Thanks for the comments René, however my point was that it is XWin.exe
> that seems to be invoking this behaviour. What is not clear to me is
> why, and if there is a configuration setting or work-around that can
> prevent it.

My point was that you need to run netstat to make sure it is XWin... saying
"seems" will not encourage anybody to look into this.

FWIW I don't think XWin is going to come out as the problem, as I said I haven't
seen that problem (and I use ssh -X all the time) and something as big as
"TCP/IP has reached the security limit" would certainly come up in this list
very often if XWin was the cause.  You're not using WinXP Home are you?
--
René Berber