Stand-by or hybernate: X clients crashes.

Hi.

When I put my laptop on stand-by or hibernation, upon resume all X
clients are gone. They print a message like this (for xterm):

xterm: fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) or KillClient on
X server "acer:0:0"

This is specific to X. Other programs, like ftp clients or database
applications, that connects to localhost, keep working ok.

What can I do to avoid having to close and re-open all X clients when
I put the computer on stand-by or hybernation?

WinXPsp2, Cygwin X stuff downloaded some days ago (xwin --version
shows 6.8.2.0-4).

Regards,

--
Oscar